Terms and Conditions for Westbourne House
Westbourne Caravan Park wants the best for its guests to take the time to kick back, relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings; we make every effort to ensure the park is peaceful for your stay.
We welcome couples, families, and like-minded people who want to have a great time and enjoy their holiday. The Park owners, Stuart & Jane, are a couple who make every effort to run a relaxed and quiet park. Therefore, this means we have several park "rules":
By booking/staying with us, you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions and restrictions set out by the Government regarding travel & tourism during the COVID-19 pandemic. All guests will be made aware of these guidelines before arrival. Failure to comply with these strict rules whilst onsite will give Westbourne Caravan Park the right to terminate your booking, therefore forfeiting any refund for the remainder of your stay.
Before deciding whether to travel to Scotland, you should ensure that you have checked and understood the relevant legislation and government guidance for your party. This includes current restrictions on households mixing in holiday accommodation, and you acknowledge that we will not provide a refund or opportunity to change dates if you can't travel under the current legislation or government guidance.
Your reservation is a legally binding contract, and by making a reservation, you agree to comply with our Terms and Conditions as set out below.
Contract of hire
- The hiring contract shall be between the Hirer and the Owners of Westbourne Caravan Park.
- Self-catering Accommodation shall be deemed to be made subject to these booking conditions.
- The Contract of Hire is ineffective until Westbourne Caravan Self Catering Accommodation dispatches written confirmation of a booking to the Hirer.
- The hiring contract confers upon the Hirer the right to occupy the property for a holiday only and that no right to remain in the Accommodation exists after the holiday date.
- The Guest certifies that they are over 21 years of age and is authorised to agree to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property during the period for which they have booked it and that they are all, apart from infants, aware of the Booking Conditions.
- Under no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed
- Orchard Cottage 4 persons (including babies and children).
- Hire Caravans 4 persons (including babies and children).
- Daisy Bank Cottage: 5 persons (including babies and children).
- The above includes babies and children; this number should not exceed the booking.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned; no refunds will be given.
- You will be liable to the owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and its contents by deliberate or negligent acts or omissions by you or any person in your party (Fair Wear and Tear excepted). If, as a result of such damage, the property or any of its contents need to be repaired or replaced, then you will be responsible for paying the reasonable costs of doing so.
- Before your arrival, the property will have been thoroughly cleaned. You must keep the property and its contents clean and tidy, and furniture should not be moved around the property. You must leave the house in the condition that you find it, i.e. all crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, cooker, refrigerator, baths and sinks in a clean condition and furniture in its proper place. The owners reserve the right to charge any tenant who leaves the house or equipment excessively dirty, which will be taken from the housekeeping deposit.
Self Catering accommodation Bookings are made through our online booking system via our website (sorry we are unable to take card payments over the telephone)
- A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the accommodation plus a booking fee of £30 (non-refundable) is payable at the time of booking.
- A final balance payment is automatically sent 6 weeks before the date of arrival. If the final balance is not paid on the due date Westbourne Caravan Park will advise the guest by email
(if applicable) that his or her booking is cancelled and his or her initial payment is forfeit and that he or she remains liable for the full amount of the final payment.
- For bookings made within six weeks of the due date of arrival full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Provisional bookings ARE NOT accepted.
- Once a booking has been accepted by Westbourne Caravan Park the booking can only be changed to another date by treating the original booking as a cancellation. If there is a request for a move to a different date, this can be accommodated in some instances and at the discretion of Westbourne Caravan Park with a £50.00 admin charge.
- Changing the booking to a different date could mean a change in price which could be more than the previously quoted booking price.
- A security deposit will be held against your card in addition to the rental price.
- Daisy Bank and Orchard Cottage £200.00 per unit.
- Hire Caravan £200.00
- This will only be deducted due to negligence or should anything get damaged or broken during your stay.
Cancellation Self Catering Accommodation
- Self-catering bookings cancelled 16 weeks before arrival date will be refunded in full with a £50 cancellation charge applied.
- For bookings cancelled less than 16 weeks before the arrival date, every effort will be made to re-let the property, in which case 50% of the total payment made will be refunded to you. You are liable for the total cost if the property is not re-letted.
- Changing bookings from one week to another after the booking has been made will incur a £50 fee, and changes cannot be made within four weeks of the date of arrival.
- The booking fee of £30 is non-refundable in all cases.
- We strongly recommend taking out holiday insurance to cover you if you cannot take the holiday for any reason.
We cannot be held responsible for delays or cancellations of the ferry to Cumbrae. It is unusual for the ferries to be off all day due to poor weather. Still, it remains the responsibility of all holidaymakers to ensure that they check any alterations or cancellations on the day of travel. We strongly advise taking out travel insurance.
If you arrive at the ferry port in Largs to find that the ferries have stopped running while you have been travelling, we are not responsible for finding or paying for any overnight accommodation. Unfortunately, No refund will be given for unused nights due to this eventuality.
We strongly recommend downloading the Calmac app and checking the ferry status as you
Westbourne Caravan Park shall not be liable to you or any member of your party for any harm, loss or damage to person or property arising from the letting.
- Changeover days for self-catering properties are a Friday. Please refer to the individual property details.
- Out of season short breaks or mid week breaks may be available, and will be advertised on our website.
Arrival & Department Times
- Arrival being from 3.00pm. All our properties have a key safe, and you will be given the code for the safe to release the door key via email prior to arrival.
- In order that the property can be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the next arrival, the holiday accommodation must be vacated before 9.30 a.m. on the day of departure as the owners need time to clean and to prepare the cottages for the next guests. Since the Covid 19 Pandemic we do not have the flexibility to vary these times as it is taking us longer to clean and prepare the cottages.
- All our properties have a key safe, and you will be given the code for the safe to release the door key via email prior to arrival.
Number in Party
- You must inform us of the number of people staying in the property and at no time must this exceed the number given on the booking form.
- Westbourne Caravan Park reserves the right to refuse admittance/and/or cancel the booking if this condition is not observed.
- No more than 4 day visitors to a property are permitted without the prior consent.
- Vehicles, baggage and personal belongings are at the Hirers risk at all times.
- No responsibility will be accepted for loss or damage to any belongings or its contents.
- Guests parking in the company’s car park do so at their own risk.
Dogs / Pets
- Sorry No dogs or pets are allowed in any of our self catering accommodations
- We shall be allowed access to the property at a reasonable time for essential maintenance work. It is hoped that this will be by prior arrangement.
- We try to ensure that the properties are heated and aired constantly but retain their inherent character. Any queries regarding the condition of the property, the accommodation afforded or the facilities available must be taken up with Westbourne Caravan Park within 48 hours of arrival so that any necessary action may be taken.
- No action in this regard will be entered into after the holiday has finished.
Care of the property
- The hirer is responsible for looking after the property during the holiday and leaving it in a clean and tidy condition. Any breakages or damage must be reported to the office and paid for.
- Where excessive cleaning is required, or damage beyond normal wear and tear has occurred a charge will be made.
Property owner's rights
- Westbourne Caravan Park reserves the right to refuse any booking and also cancel any booking already made, if in its absolute discretion it considers this to be necessary.
There is a horse shoe road which is around the perimeter of Westbourne, this may be used to unload and drop off and pick up in the hire caravan and orchard cottage.
Daisy Bank - Private driveway for 1 car all other vehicles to be parked in the car park to the form of WestBourne.
Orchard Cottage - Parking in the car park to the front of Westbourne. (Not in spaces marked private).
Hire Caravan - Parking in the car park to the front of Westbourne. (Not in spaces marked private).
Outside sitting areas
- The Patio area has a table and four chairs. We request that guests do not move these.
- The decking area outside space to all the self-catering accommodations is a great spot to sit and drink on a summer’s evening. Cushions are kept in the cupboard or downstairs wardrobe if you could put them away after each use due to the Scottish weather and a definite chance of overnight rain.
- The garden area around Daisy Bank Cottage is not fenced, so it is unsuitable for children to be left unsupervised.
- Caravan Hire the Guest/Hirer must provide all linen, towels, tea towel, bath mat and beach towels, ( A list is emailed along with welcome letter before your arrival). Or see description of holiday rental where a list is given.
- Westbourne caravan park provides pillows and duvets all with protectors.
- If you have young children in your party please also bring waterproof mattress protectors.
- Orchard Cottage and Daisy Bank give the option when booking to pre-order linen and towel packs. Unfortunately packs cannot be purchased once arrived at your holiday accommodation.
- Sorry we do not offer linen or towel packs for the Self Catering Caravan Accommodation.
- We have a limited number of high chairs that we can provide for your property. Guests should ensure they request these at the time of booking.
- Linen and bedding for travel cots is not provided.
Strictly No smoking, vaping, Candles or naked flames.
All of our Self Catering Accommodation operates a No Smoking Policy this applies to the inside and outside of all the self catering accommodation and must be observed by you and all members of your party. The owner reserve the right to curtail your holiday if this condition is not observed. No refunds will be given and the owner reserves the right to levy an extra charge where additional cleaning is incurred from a breach of this condition.
Due to Insurance regulations Barbecues of any type of are not allowed due to a fire hazards.
- Free access code located in all holiday accommodation
- (Daisy Bank, Orchard Cottage and Hire Caravans).
The bin store is located at the first driveway of the caravan park. A map is located in the information brochure located in the holiday accommodation, please ensure all rubbish is put into the correct bins during your stay and at the end of your holiday.
Laundry and Drying Green
- Please make every effort to ensure you remove all your clothing and belongings at the end of your holiday.
- We will return items to you on receipt of full payment for the postage required and an additional £5 handling and packing charge.
- Items not claimed after 28 days will be disposed of.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that the representations contained in the brochure, online and in all advertising materials are made in good faith, neither they nor any representations made by the Owners will create liability on the part of the Owners.
- Please bear in mind that Daisy Bank has a stepped deck and steep bank to the rear of the property
- Westbourne Caravan Park reserve the right to amend prices on the website due to errors or omissions. Westbourne Caravan Park will notify Customers of any changes as soon as possible and the Customer shall be able to end the contract if the amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted.
- Sorry we do not accept Provisional bookings.
The use of amenities provided by the Owners are used entirely at the users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons, or loss, damage to any belongings of persons who use them.
Any complaint must be made during the time of your stay so that it can be investigated and remedied as soon as possible. Pease email
Matters beyond our control
- These include local happenings that may occur at any time, e.g. events, nearby building work or invasion by pests.
- Westbourne Caravan Park will not accept responsibility for any matter beyond their control or for the effects any works may have on your enjoyment of the property. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We will always endeavour to ensure that advertised services such as broadband are working but in the unfortunate event of a breakdown, no compensation or refund will be due.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- The contract between the Owner and the Customer shall be governed by Scottish Law, each party irrevocably agrees that the court in Scotland shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute of claim arising out of or in connection with the contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
If for any reason beyond our control (i.e. fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property) we have to cancel your booking, you will be refunded the full amount of the booking, including the deposit. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the cost based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Liability under contract - You are liable to pay for any breakages or damage at replacement value. If there is damage/are breakages please fill out the form left in the folder in the living so we are able to replace items for next guests. Please note we will not charge for minor breakages.
The owners shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expenses, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to person or property which you or any other person may suffer or sustain arising out of this contract. However, we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for negligence.
The owners give all information and make all statements in good faith, and uses its best endeavours to check, so far as it is reasonably able, all information given to the applicant. The owners shall not, however, in any event, be liable for any damage or loss.
Corona Virus and 2024 Bookings
We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance to cover your holiday should you need to cancel due to a change in circumstances. Our usual terms and conditions apply.
The check-in time on day of arrival is now 3 pm and departure before 9.30 am, please adhere to these times and don’t arrive early at your property.
All guests are emailed COVID-19 information prior to arrival with details of changes to our procedures and government guidelines that must be followed while staying at the property, an
information pack is also provided within the holiday accommodation.
Your Safety and well-being - Your safety and well-being, as well as that of our owners, housekeepers and their families, is very
important to us, now more than ever.
In response to Coronavirus we have carefully reviewed our housekeeping procedures and put a range of special measures in place.
What should I do if I or any other guests in my party have symptoms on holiday?
You must tell us straight away if you or any member of your party has symptoms. You will be expected to return home immediately for both your own safety, and for the safety of our homeowners and local communities.
If you develop symptoms during your stay, you will be required to return home immediately and stay in your own home while you self isolate. Westbourne Caravan Park and self catering accommodation cannot accept any responsibility for any matters beyond our control or for any COVID –19 related matters that occur whilst you are staying in the property. Additional costs will be incurred if an extended stay is required due to illness.
Prices for 2023 will be available on our new booking system via our website booking system..
Can I cancel my booking and get a refund?
You will need to check with your travel insurance to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking. We continue to work with our normal terms of business and below is our cancellation policy. Please be aware that moving the date to a different week could result in a change in price which could be either more or less than the previously quoted booking price and this different will be applied to your booking.
What happens if I need to cancel my holiday because I have the Coronavirus and need to self-isolate?
You will need to check with your travel insurance to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking. We will not be offering refunds. We will endeavour to help as much as possible in terms of offering a change of dates at the discretion of the property owner.
What happens if I have to cancel because I’m concerned about catching the Coronavirus?
You can cancel bookings that are more than 16 weeks away. You will need to check with your travel insurance to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking outside of our normal Terms and Conditions.
What happens if the self catering Accommodation has to close due to coronavirus virus.
If the booking is affected by a compulsory (not merely advisable) travel restriction or the property is unable to open, you may transfer to a later date (a higher price maybe payable dependant on time of year) or the booking will be cancelled. For cancelled bookings you will receive a refund minus an admin fee of £50.00 this will be in addition to the booking fee already paid.
Booking with confidence
In the event of the following scenarios, you would have the option to defer your booking, receive a credit note or cancel your booking and receive a full refund less an admin fee of £50.00, in addition to the initial booking fee.
Government restrictions imposed on travel, including regional lockdowns or restrictions imposed on overseas visitors.
Government restrictions imposed on travel to our area or any cross border restrictions.
The re-closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of COVID-19.
Please note that if you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms would apply.
Should the restrictions extend above the dates specified above, we will contact you at that time to set out the options available to you.
- Self-catering bookings cancelled 16 weeks in advance of arrival date will be refunded in full minus a £50 cancellation charge.
- For bookings cancelled less than 16 weeks before the arrival date, every effort will be made to re-let the property in which case you will be liable for 50% of the full cost. If however, the property is not re-let, you are liable for the full cost.
- Changing bookings from one week to another after the booking has been made will incur a £50 fee and changes cannot be made within 4 weeks of the date of arrival.
- The booking fee of £30 is non-refundable in all cases.
- We strongly recommend taking out holiday insurance to cover you if you are unable to take the holiday for any reason.